Business Insight Week, Uxbridge, Summer 2018
The PwC Deal
No matter which area of the business you choose to join, all routes offer the same deal. The opportunity to grow as an individual, to meet new people, and build lasting relationships that will stay with you for life.
Business Insight Week
The Business Insight Week is a one week paid experience that will put you through your paces. You'll get guidance and support every step of the way to explore the work we do and the opportunities we can offer you. We'll top it all off by giving you the opportunity to share your experiences with other students on the programme and celebrate a fantastic week.
Once you've finished the programme, we'll spend time talking through your options with you and helping you to decide on your next steps - which could include a fast track to securing a permanent School and College Leaver role with us.
During the week, you can expect to:
- Spend time with top business professionals
- Develop your employability skills with support from our recruiters
- Get a real taste for what a job with us would involve from one of our School and College Leavers
- Experience real work, from meetings and client communication, through to high profile internal projects, giving you real exposure to what life is like at PwC
- Do well and you could even find yourself on a fast track towards a permanent role with us when you finish studying.
No matter what background you're from or what subjects you're studying, we'd love you to join us. This is your chance to take the first step towards an incredible career in business.
What you need to get in
- Currently in year 12 and studying for AS levels or equivalent.
- Interested in taking your first steps towards a career in business.
- Available for a week during your summer holidays between years 12 and 13 from either 6th August or 20th August
- On track to achieve a minimum of 96 UCAS points on the new tariff (three grade C's or above) from your A levels. This should be from your top two subjects excluding General Studies.
- You'll also need to have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSE's at grade C or above including GCSE Maths and English Language or equivalent. Please ensure you enter your predicted AS/A Level grades on your application form.
Please note that accommodation will not be provided for this programme.
We know that the skills and experiences you develop with us will stay with you throughout your career. So join PwC. We'll help you reach your full potential.
Take the opportunity of a lifetime.
We're committed to supporting applicants through our process. To ensure everyone has the best chance of being successful, and to enhance social mobility, we offer additional coaching for applicants who attend a state school AND meet one or more of the following criteria:
- your parents have not attended University,
- you have been in receipt of Free School Meals at any point during your school career,
- you attend a school with a higher than average proportion of students in receipt of Free School Meals (this will be determined based on the school postcode you provide).
If you're eligible for this additional support we'll contact you to invite you to a coaching day near you and offer you ongoing support from application through to assessments.
If you're not eligible, then don't worry, you can still access support online and through your local recruitment team and we'll communicate with you throughout the process to ensure you can access the tools to help you with your application.
We'll use your responses to the equal opportunities questions in your application to determine your eligibility, so if you would prefer not to disclose your social mobility status, simply answer 'prefer not to say' to these questions in your application. This personal information will not be used for any other purpose than to determine your eligibility to attend a coaching and selection day and will not be used to make recruitment decisions.