Big Data Summer Camp - Firmwide, Birmingham, Summer 2018
The PwC Deal
No matter which area of the business you choose to join, all routes offer the same deal. The opportunity to grow as an individual, to meet new people, and build lasting relationships that will stay with you for life.
Big data summer camp
In this complex, internet enabled, 24/7 operating world, clients need our help to understand how data can drive greater insight, improve their business performance, and make them more competitive. Big Data represents a fundamental shift in business decision-making. Our clients are used to analysing internal data such as sales figures, staff levels and stock counts. Now they’re increasingly under pressure to analyse external data too - to understand customer sentiment through social media, competitor performance in local and global markets, and the supply chain risks and opportunities.
By using Big Data and Data Analytics we can help our clients generate incredible opportunities and gain competitive advantage.
PwC’s Big data summer camp is a paid, week-long training programme designed to provide you with the knowledge and experience to prepare you for a career in the Technology sector.
What you'll gain
- Understand more about the Big Data and Technology sector
- Learn theoretical and technical techniques used
- Work on real client challenges, case studies and simulations
- Gain a deep insight into the work we do, and problems we can help our clients solve
- Learn how big data is stored, processed and used
What you'll do
We’ll welcome you with a quick introduction to PwC and our Technology Practice. You’ll be set up with your laptop and you’ll get to meet other people doing the programme along with you, helping you make friends right from the start. From then onwards, you’ll dive straight into the exciting world of Big Data and Data Analytics.
Every day will be different, you’ll learn from some of our experts in this field, who’ll give you an insight into how the skills you are developing are being implemented to help our clients use their data to gain a competitive edge.
On Day 5, you’ll bring together all your learning from throughout the week and take part in a group challenge. You’ll be able to present in front of a panel of experts and we’ll also invite your parents/guardians in so you can show off your technical know-how. The week will close with a celebration of your achievements.
Please note that accommodation will not be provided for this programme.
What you need to get in
Currently in year 12 and studying for A levels or equivalent
- Passionate about taking your first steps towards a career in technology
- Available week commencing 30 July 2018
- You’ll need to be on course for a 96 UCAS tariff at A level (excluding general studies)
- You’ll need to have achieved a GCSE grade C in Maths and English
- Be committed to your career ambitions and able to explain to us why you want to join PwC on our Big data summer camp
Take the opportunity of a lifetime.
We're committed to supporting applicants through our process. To ensure everyone has the best chance of being successful, and to enhance social mobility, we offer additional coaching for applicants who attend a state school AND meet one or more of the following criteria:
- your parents have not attended University,
- you have been in receipt of Free School Meals at any point during your school career,
- you attend a school with a higher than average proportion of students in receipt of Free School Meals (this will be determined based on the school postcode you provide).
If you're eligible for this additional support we'll contact you to invite you to a coaching day near you and offer you ongoing support from application through to assessments.
If you're not eligible, then don't worry, you can still access support online and through your local recruitment team and we'll communicate with you throughout the process to ensure you can access the tools to help you with your application.
We'll use your responses to the equal opportunities questions in your application to determine your eligibility, so if you would prefer not to disclose your social mobility status, simply answer 'prefer not to say' to these questions in your application. This personal information will not be used for any other purpose than to determine your eligibility to attend a coaching and selection day and will not be used to make recruitment decisions.